India at the Oscars

|


Needs no introduction but..
Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan and written by Simon Beaufoy. It is an adaptation of the Boeke Prize-winning and Commonwealth Writers' Prize-nominated novel Q & A (2005) by Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup.(Wikipedia)

Everyone who watched Slumdog Millionaire loved it.So did I. And now I'm so,so proud!.Just wanted to congratulate every one involved with the movie for their immense success.


..And A.R. Rahman,the maestro and Gulzar for making India proud.

Christian Colson(producer) holds the Academy award for Best Picture(sourse Yahoo news)
Ian Tapp, Richard Pryke and Resul Pookutty (left to right) hold the Oscars for achievement in sound mixing for their work on Slumdog Millionaire.
Child Actors from the movie(Sourse Yahoo news)

Danny Boyle, holding his Best Director Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire, posing with Dev Patel and Freida Pinto on the red carpet after the show.


Next to shine at the Oscars was Smile Pinky, a 39 minute documentary made by Emmy-nominated producer Megan Mylan about a six year old girl born with a lip deformity,in Mirzapur(India).This is the story about her struggle for happiness,as she is shunned by society for her lip as a corrective surgery was out of the question (and budget).

Produced in Hindi (with English subtitles), ‘Smile Pinki’ won the Oscar for best short docmuentary.

A huge "Jai Ho" To all of you!

4 comments:

Jo said...

I really want to see this movie. It looks absolutely wonderful...! I have a lot of friends from India and I love, love, love Indian music and food, and the Indian culture. I would love to visit there sometime.

My closest co-worker comes from Goa, and she is a fabulous cook. Every once in a while she brings me some bebinca that she has made.

Miss_Nobody said...

Thanks for visiting Jo!You should absolutely go for it...its mindblowing! And i'm so terribly proud it made it to the oscars.I remember you posting about Goa,its wonderful there.You are so welcome to visit!

budh.aaah said...

I have heard so much about this movie that I want to see it now so that I am judgemental 'after' seeing it :)
ok jokes apart thanks a ton for visiting my blog..

Miss_Nobody said...

hey budh.aah,no problem...for som,e strange reason i can't comment,simply can't