You tell me..

|
Nineteen year old wha-?I'm at this crossroad where I don't know which word to attach with myself-A girl or a woman?I wish I had an intelligent post to write,which would overnight boost my popularity and I'd have hundreds(okay scores,to start) pouring in to share their pearls of wisdom.Where's mine,you ask?Still looking for it,trying to explore a concept I never thought about often think about.No pearls of wisdom from my side,hence -1.No worries-who the hell wants to grow old?"Eighteen till I die"?-I'd love to,but I'm nineteen already ;)

When you are young,you tend to have weird ideas about *grown up things*-I know I had!
This is what I thought it takes to be a woman(around a decade ago when 14 was an-age--i-so-wanted-to-be...dad wouldn't scold,I'd have no curfew and by the time I was 15 dad would probably invite my potential boyfriend to dinner and not scare him with his jack hammer .20 was just bordering on the verge of death)
You are a woman(as in an adult female) if(Disclaimer this is flashback-don't let the tense eff you up :P)
  • You are 20.I mean 20 is OLD.Whoever heard of the phrase 40 is the new 20.Doesn't matter-both are OLD.(If you are wondering what I thought about my parents then-as usual-nothing.They are parents.What about them?)
  • You wear makeup.OMG.So,so old.
  • You wear danglydoo earrings.Cute earrings are for little girls-hands off*spits out*woman!!

Are you as confused as I am?Good.Lets carry on.

I never thought I'd have to attach the word "woman" with myself.There's nothing remotely graceful about me,nothing gentle and womanly.

For instance,this is what happened a few months ago...

Me and best bud S pigged out on this delicious buffet at Mainland China.We took third,fourth and fifth helping of the chicken wings,crab and prawn chips respectively.By the time we had finished,WE HAD TO DOWNLOAD,I mean REALLY.As we were gathering are asses to hit the bowl,I fell off my chair.I didn't feel ashamed,smoothed my hair and then ran out of the restaurant to the john.(did I mention I ran out yelling?)

And a conversation between me and S in a restaurant(again) in 9th grade-(le pardonnable?)

Me*whispers*:Should we leave a tip?

S*in her outdoor voice*:No.We are kids!

Me:OH.Right.

Did I mention it was a really sophisticated place,and the maitre d and the other waiters were pointing and laughing while we sauntered out like divas,only to return the next month.

Having a kiddie face doesn't help either.

Will I ever grow up?Shall I ever have poise,grace and the ickle womanly stuffs?Does it grow on you with age?I'm still waiting for The becoming.vintage Pictures, Images and Photos

Or not.

Which event(if any) marked Your becoming?





12 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Nothing marked it other than age. Definitely not maturity and I never had kids.

Actually I don't refer to myself either way - I say I'm just a person.

Anonymous said...

Some of us never grew up and personally I plan to use age as a front for doing whatever I want, I am going to be the neighbourhood mad old lady. Maybe being a woman was when I realised age didn't actually matter, I used to think 25 was next to death and then 30 by 40 I didn't care. Posh restraunts are meant for taking the piss out of, unless your trying to impress a member of the opposite sex.
I saw this cool story on someone else's blog about a youth impaired person behaving badly, I will be back with the link.

Anonymous said...

Go check this one out:
http://suehoughtonuk.blogspot.com/2009/11/chickle.html
By the way love the new layout!

Anonymous said...

Oh growing up is overrated. Let the stupid age thing go where it wants to. You have your way.

Shilpa Garg said...

Ok...all I can say is...try this brain teaser at this site...
http://thebrainteasers.com/view/Do-you-see-a-young-or-old-woman

You are what you see in this picture!!

BTW...some very funny and interesting experiences you have had! :)

Maude Lynn said...

I'm still waiting to feel like a grown-up! Do we ever?

Rajlakshmi said...

ohhh those days... I was so disappointed at that time that my teenage days were over... and I have to behave so much like a grown up... well after some time I just gave up behaving like a proper 'woman' and went back to childish behaviors and antics :) being kid is fun... but then we have to grow up some day :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I can so relate to this post. I felt exactly the same way when I crossed my teenage but then I never grew up :P I am as kiddish and silly as I was when I was young. But I have seen some people become matured. Does vary from person to person. :)

Siddhesh Kabe said...

I prefer staying a kid forever... i don't care wat others say about me or think about me...:D


hello...sid here...:D

Miss_Nobody said...

Lmb:Hmm,maturity?thats a word that doesnt exist in my dictionary.

Book pusher:LOL.Right on about the facy restaurants.Read the story,Loved it :)

nesquarex:You think?I believe!

Shilpa:That was fantastic!hehehe.funny yes,interestingmaybe-humiliating-without doubt!

MamaZen:Nah-not no,I'm genetically impaired there.lol

Rajlakshmi:This is my last year as a teen:what am I going to do now?!

Avk:You are definately not talking about me-matured?anomaly

Sid:Hey there welcome!Do I agree with you?Wholeheartedly!Thanks for visiting.

rachaelgking said...

I'm with LM Blogger - no maturity over here! ;-)

Miss_Nobody said...

I'm on that team too!